Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I'm stuck

I am confused. I am a mess.

The only way I know to work my through stuff is to write. Or at least write first, so I can have some idea of what’s going on.

I need to get beyond all this breast stuff. I’m hung up on the cosmetics of it all. How I look. I’m embarrassed with this big round silicon boob that sits high on my right side. I make sure my clothes cover it up, which isn’t always easy in Florida. I have no idea what I will do about wearing a bathing suit in public. I will have to get something very high and loose – do they make bathing suits like that? I am not naked when I make love with John anymore; I always have something covering my chest.

And I'm embarrassed with being so obsessed with it all.

Some people tell me that I should go back to surgery and get it fixed right away. Others tell me to wait, see if gravity and time will help.

I don’t know what to do.

I feel silly being so hung up on how I look. One woman said to me, “I never knew this part of your anatomy was so important to you.”

I didn’t either.

Someone recently pointed out something I wrote in 2006 on another blog about silicon implants. Boy, have times changed.

Am I over-reacting? Do I need to just think about something else and move on? How do I do that?