Saturday, April 19, 2008

things are getting better

Things are getting better.

For one thing, I think that some swelling is going down in my right (silicon) breast, so that I don't feel quite so freak-y looking. This all may work out without an additional surgery.

For another, I have an appointment with my primary surgeon on Monday. It's really just a final followup from the mastectomy surgery in Decemeber, but I also need some reassurance that everything, anatomically, is stable and ok - like, are you sure that that little strip of skin going down the center of my 2 breasts is not going to pop out??!

And ... I had lunch with 3 friends yesterday (2 women and 1 man) and they all told me that my breasts looked fine. Maybe a little lopsided, but nothing that was overly obvious.

I'm ready to let go of my hyper-sensitivity and move on.