Saturday, March 22, 2008

as soon as I can swim ...

As I heal - and the tightness, pain and swelling go down, and even though it all still feels and looks rather wierd to me - I have to admit that I am somewhat astonished (and pleased) with the reconstruction surgery.

My native breast is beautiful, the perfect shape. Like when I was 25 years old. The other breast (I still haven't decided what to call it - the "silicon" breast?, the "new" breast?, the "alien" breast) is trying hard to fall into place and be a companion.

I still worry, though, that the space between the 2 breasts is wide enough and stable, and not going to pop out. I guess that in time I will trust this new arrangement of things.

I developed a bladder infection last week and had to take another round of different antibiotics. Tonight is my last one, and I am almost feeling back to normal. As soon as I can swim ...